Sunday, September 28, 2008

uh-oh, Dreaming in Crochet...

So I had this dream last night about an unfinished project of mine. I have these little tiny squares done in a chunky yarn, light cream color, with alternating accents of pale blue, deep blue, pink, purple, yellow, and green. It was a baby blanked for no-one in particular I started ages ago.

In the dream I was making bigger blocks also and stitching them together in a jumbled sort of way that looked really cool. This morning I picked up yesterday's mail looking for a package (that didn't arrive yet) and got a baby shower invite from a friend. I dug through my stash and realized I have two baby blankets in progress. Yay!

Then I remembered I was looking at an article yesterday about blocking, and it showed a Babette Blanket (better picture here.)

Aha! The pieces are coming together (groan, bad joke.) I really like the colors in the blocking page rather than the original blanket pattern.

And now I know what I'm making my friend! I just have to decide which one to finish... I think I'll do the one I can turn into a babette of sorts. I may only do 2 or 3 sizes bigger, which I think will look pretty good.

No comments: