Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bits Here and There

Unfortunately I got the ick that's been going around, so I came home from work this afternoon, and didn't make it to the S&B, which was very disappointing. I slept most of the afternoon, and hopefully it'll go away soon.

I wanted to post the second installment of the wedding, but my Flickr uploader isn't behaving, and I should be in bed soon anyway. So here's some fluff.

I've been working on several projects lately, but many are gifts that I can't show off yet. Two Christmas presents are in the works, and I just picked up yarn for two more.

Here are some things I can show, however. I went to my clay studio's sale last weekend, and picked up some fun stuff. The pumpkin and acorns are made by a lady who's teaching a class in a couple weeks, and I'm so there! I got inspired and started my own pumpkin. I'm really happy to be working with clay again.

Autumn clay

I'm also working on some Halloween goodies, from E-Patterns. I've made some improvements on the pattern, though, and also made up a couple more designs. I'll post those when they're finished.

Halloween candy

These fingerless mitts are for my co-worker's son. I got the pattern in an email from Lion Brand Yarn. (I'd link it, but you need to register on their site to see the pattern). I REALLY like the way the cuffs came out, and in fact I think that would work well for a coffee cozy. It would taper naturally, since it's quite stretchy.

Little fingerless mitts

Tonight I stumbled on The Snuggles Project. I think it's a great idea, and I really want to contribute. Once I finish all my Christmas presents, I think I'll start working on some snuggles. It's be a great way to use some of this acrylic that I have hanging around, since they want washable, synthetic materials. I can't take in any more rescue kitties than our two, but this is a great way to help out the kitties still in shelters.

No comments: