Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brrrrr!

I know this isn't craft-related, but it's going to be awhile until I'm back into any kind of routine.

I've been trying out the new commute, which is more of a winding road than I was used to. It's been running around 50 minutes, which is not to bad, being only 20 minutes more. I've taken the car this week, but today I decided it was time Sophia got out.

I've seen ice on her before, but the kind of frosty thin layer that you can brush away. This ice I had to scrape away from the seat and the mirrors. Those grooves on the seat aren't water dripping. The whole thing is frozen solid. You can see the gas line on the tank!

Ice on my seat Icy tank

My husband measured 26 degrees at our house this morning, but fortunately most of the ride was in the upper 30s and into 40s. I'm glad our heater's working! Double-paned windows are on the long to-do list.

We stopped by the old house for some more things last nice. A friend of ours gave us this balloon right after we got back from our honeymoon, which was the July 4th weekend. It's a little deflated, but it's still floating! Cool.

Wonder Balloon

And that's our internet connection in the corner, ready to be moved to the new house. After tomorrow we'll be connected again.

The other day I decided that I need a duvet cover for my down comforter. It's a queen size, I think, but I want to put it into a twin size cover, since it's just a little too big. (We solved the blanket-stealing issue by each getting our own.) So there I am at Target, and I find this pretty lilac duvet cover with shams, and I almost put it in my cart without thinking, but then I saw the price: $50! For a simple little thin cover. Wow! So instead I picked up a set of cotton sheets, in a similar lilac color for $10 and I'm going to sew them together. That should do the trick. Really I just want a cotton cover to replace the noisy polyester-ish one that's on it Now all I have to do is unpack my sewing table! =)

No comments: