Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkins, and more Pumpkins

Last Sunday I had a very productive day. In the morning I went to my clay studio and glazed the second pumpkin and the leaves (only 1 broke!), and started two more pumpkins, this time on the wheel. I think they turned out ok. I forgot to trim one of them, but I should be able to do it in the second step.

Thrown Pumpkins

Then I started a couple bowls to keep at work for soup or for salads. I'm pretty happy with them so far.

Soup Bowls


I had emailed my husband a link with instructions for making awesome-looking paper maché jack-o-lanterns, which inspired both of us to hit the hardware and craft stores for supplies. So our living room is currently covered in plastic with shredded newspaper strewn everywhere, buckets of paste, and three pumpkins in varying stages of completeness. The maché took longer to dry than we anticipated, so we couldn't even finish them up last night, but hopefully we'll be able to put more layers on tonight. I'll post the link and pictures when I get to it.

On that note, I need to come to the realization that the blog will always be at least a couple days behind. And anyway, if I were to post real-time about life, then I wouldn't really be living, now would I?

But back to the pumpkins. So the paper ones are still setting, and on Sunday I worked on some of a crochet one as well. So we had pumpkins in clay, paper, and yarn! We haven't carved real pumpkins yet, though we have a few of them decorating the front yard.

Last night I started crocheting a visor cozy for my husband's helmet visor, which gets scratched when he puts it in his gym bag. He has two: tinted and clear, so one is always in the bag. I only did half of it, but hopefully I'll finish it tonight. I didn't take a picture, because it's not very impressive yet. It's burgundy and shaped like a visor =)

No comments: