Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Bats

I made these bats for my mother-in-law's birthday, and I had a lot of fun with them. The pattern is here, and for these I used some very thick yarn, and a bigger hook. I also set the wings a little differently, and I think a little more in the middle than she has them. They were definitely a good use of the black stuffing.

Hanging Out

Flying

I love how the brown yarn turned out, with the little fibers sticking out.

Face

Awwww..

Awww

I've made a couple with smaller, worsted-weight yarn, but I still want to make more before the end of the year. Before you put the wings on, they look like mice.

Spook wanted to taste this one.

Nom Nom Nom

Yes, I definitely think some catnip mice are in order. And I experimented with little white spikes to make vampire teeth, but haven't perfected that just yet.

No comments: