Friday, March 27, 2009

Serge!

I've decided that I want to get a serger. I'll start saving my pennies and doing the research now, but it definitely won't happen until the craft room is done.

"Done" here being defined as "usable". Otherwise it'll never happen. But I've been enjoying wearing knits lately, and so I want to be able to sew that, and more. Knits, like these.

I've also set a goal that I want to make a suit by the end of the year. I have a bunch of navy fabric that would be great for learning on (I've never made that type of jacket.) And then I want a matching set of pants, a pencil skirt, and maybe a flared skirt if I have enough left. I haven't decided on a pattern yet, but I'm thinking something pretty classic. Here's a nice-looking jacket and skirt, and this looks like a very flattering jacket. And how fun would this coat be to make next winter?? But now I'm getting distracted =)

I'm hoping to get curtain fabric this weekend. Which means a shopping trip to my favorite fabric store!

1 comment:

Wyng'd Lyon Creations said...

Both of my sergers are Juki's, one of which is at least 22 years old. At one point I actually had a third of the same brand.

I've been really happy with the performance.