Saturday, March 8, 2014

Baby onesie to shirt conversion

In other news, I finally put some things in my Etsy shop.

Baby H is getting to that size where onesies aren't as practical, but he still fits in them. I got this one with as a hand-me-down, and I liked it so much I wanted to make it a tshirt so H would wear it more.

Hand-me-downs from other moms have been so incredibly helpful. It's nice to know families with kids both older and younger, so we can pass them on when he's done with them.

I learned the hard way that onesies don't always work as shirts, because they can be tighter around their tummy, and also shorter once you cut them, so keep that in mind when deciding which ones to cut.


I wanted to get every last bit of length here, so I pulled back the binding just on the sides.


The stripes made it easy to get a straight line.


Then I did a simple little hem, and it's done! I had grabbed orange thread, assuming that would work, but when I pinned the hem I realized it was on the light blue stripe and had to change it.


Looking good!


Happy boy, already learning to walk, and getting harder to photograph :)



No comments: