Sunday, August 23, 2009

Paint and more paint

What have I been up to?

Lots! I have about 5 shawls in progress right now. I've also made up a short list of crochet projects I absolutely must finish before I start any new ones, and am slowly getting through them.

I like having several projects going, but sometimes it gets out of hand.

This week I finished some belated birthday gifts from the Creepy Cute book by the talented Christen Haden.







This weekend it's been all about the kitchen. When we first moved in and painted the house, I picked out the wrong color for the kitchen... it was a light grey (barely blue, mostly white) I wanted a good solid blue-grey with white trim.

So Friday I re-painted the walls, and yesterday and today were dedicated to the cabinets, which started out as icky yellowing stained wood with brown accents.

Before:



And almost after.

Cabinet doors with primer, laid out on tuna cans to dry:



Once the kitchen's done (this round) I'll post true "before" and "after" pics. For now, break's over! I'm going back upstairs to put on another coat of paint.

No comments: