Sunday, July 5, 2009

Birthday

Last week was my birthday, and so I made myself a Strawberry Shortcake Cake from the Pioneer Woman Cooks (love that blog!) I made a couple modifications, mainly because I was in a hurry. I didn't have a deep enough pan. I put it in two pans and forked the cake layers before pouring the strawberries over them. It was tasty!

Also, our friends gave us homemade ice cream. Yum! They made my favorite flavors, mint chocolate chip, and chocolate. Which I can honestly say are the best of each flavor I've ever had.



My husband gave me this gorgeous mask, which I'm hanging in the craft room. I love the peacock!



My calla lilies are finally blooming. They add a nice pink touch to the front yard.



July 4th was nice and mellow. We hung out with some friends, and walked down to the beach. It wasn't too crowded, but still it was nice to be away from tourists for the most part.

No comments: