Sunday, January 25, 2015

Gumby Birthday Plush

Little baby toddler H is 2 years old! And fearless at the playground. Look at him climbing to the top of the caterpillar monkey bars!
 
A neighbor of ours had a Gumby lawn display for Christmas, and H just LOVED it. So I decided for his birthday I would sew him a Gumby doll.
 


I printed out a Gumby, and drew it onto some green fleece. I knew it would be hard to turn him inside out, but I thought it was worth a try.

The face was lots of fun! Pieces of felt and yellow stitching for the eyebrows.


Here he is on the turner tool. Wow, do I love that little tool... best thing ever.


"Nooo, stop!!" Or, the birth of Gumby. At this point I was having a hard time turning the fleece, especially since I decided to put interfacing on it to help stabilize. I called him Gumby Impossible!


I did it! I thought I was going to sew little patches onto the feet, but decided to just gather them up with thread instead.


All done! The mouth turned out a little funky, but H doesn't care.


Birthday Boy! He loves his Gumby. I also made him a cupcake shirt, complete with seed bead sprinkles. His new favorite phrase is "blow candles out!"


Besides the other new favorite, "do it myself!" :)
 
 
 

No comments: