Saturday, March 9, 2013

Diaper Bags and Quick Project

At craft night I made something quick and easy, and useful for me. I didn't have a convenient place for change in my car, so I was always hunting around when I need quarters for parking.

So I crocheted a little green bag o' money.


It holds a decent number of quarters, and now I'll always be able to find them easily!



I've also been wanting a decent little diaper bag. The ones on the market seem to be either ugly and/or very expensive. We have a nice messenger style bag that I love, and I also wanted something small for quick trips.


I have some improvements planned, and version 2 is already in the works.


I used a cotton duck for the outside and a quilting cotton for the interior. It's not fancy or waterproof, but I like it.

I also learned that you can't sew through stick-on Velcro, so I bought the proper stuff for round two. Gummy needles are bad news.

No comments: