Tuesday, October 2, 2018

High Chair Makeover

Nearly three years since my last post, wow! (Those koolaid hats are still a favorite past project)

If you haven’t been keeping up with me on facebook, well, H is no longer a toddler, but is in kindergarten (how did that happen so quick?), we’ve moved, adopted two dogs, and had a baby girl who is just about to start eating solid foods. Time for a high chair!


I had gotten a wooden one from a restaurant going out of business and decided to give it a makeover for baby W.


First I had to remove all the crud, which I did with help from Goo Gone, a wire brush, dish detergent, and some sandpaper. Much better already!


Then I primed and painted a pretty purple. I decided instead of washing and reinstalling the straps, I would make a fabric strap that could be easily taken off and washed. It also serves as a small cushion in the back.


It secures with snaps underneath (out of reach from baby fingers)


She loves it! And she enjoys being up on our level at dinner time


No comments: