Sunday, June 14, 2009

Busy Busy!

I'm going to start scheduling myself to post at least once a week. I have so many projects going on right now. I put a couple water bottle totes up on my shop. I've been really enjoying making those, especially as they're relatively quick and small. I also have a purse in the works, in the same net style. It needs to be lined and then it will be in my shop as well.

My roses just bloomed! Here it is partially opened from a few days ago, but now the two roses on the bush are just huge, easily 5 inches across, maybe six.

They're a little brighter than I had wanted, and the scent is not very strong. But I have red roses, and that makes me happy.


Wow, I did not see that spider in person. Good thing I didn't go in for a real close-up :)

On the baking front, I tried this awesome Raspberry Buttermilk Cake, with blueberries. I will definitely be making it again. I had to take it to my office so the two of us wouldn't eat the whole thing. Next time I think I'll follow the directions more carefully and put it in a cake pan, not the first thing I grabbed, which was a pie pan.


I started my Christmas shopping this weekend! Or rather, materials for the presents. We're only halfway through the year, but I have three gifts planned out and partially shopped for. Maybe I'll be finished on time this year!

No comments: